Welcome

Caution...At Your Own Risk ;)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Help me find a style for the summer

So summer time means very hot weather, and that also means lots of humidity. I want to wear my natural hair all summer long but the frizz is killing me. I like wearing my hair straight for when I go out on the weekends but all the humidity in the air and especially in the club just makes my hair frizz and puff up. Also the heat makes me sweat out my edges so i just be looking like a hot mess. Maybe I need a new flat iron because my hair never looks bouncy and shiny like when other naturals straighten their hair. I've been using a straightening & heat protectant mist which makes my hair shine but in about 30 mins my hair still gets poofy smh. And I would love to rock my twist outs all summer but I've never felt comfortable with short hair, maybe it draws too much attention to my face idk. But even my twist outs gets extremely frizzy and the curls are undefined. Now on some blogs they say unravel your twists with oil so I'll try that next time and hopefully it will work. I need a way though to stretch out my curls since my hair shrinks so much. My hair just gets so frustrating, it never wants to lay flat but stick outwards smh. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can stop the frizz let me know ASAP thank you!!